Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it
We’re Pathways Clinic and we’re dedicated to protecting your privacy.
When you supply your personal details to Pathways Clinic, they are stored and processed by us. (terms used in the Data Protection Act 2018, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR))
- We need to collect personal information about you and your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your request for treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may also send you emails with relevant information, news, offers and updates from us. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included in each email.
- You have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.